On the 5th October, we saw our first Facebook live Q&A session for new clerks and providers take place. We are looking to change careers and to help boost work opportunities and support within the property sector.
Our Head of Training Sián Hemming-Metcalfe, talked about the need for quality reports and how InventoryBase Academy can help people to learn and develop the skills needed to become a professional supplier.
The recording of the live event can be seen on our Facebook page and included questions from prospective trainees such as:
- I’m literally new to this; I’m not sure where to start
- Do I have to be a member of AIIC or ARLA to practice as a clerk?
- Do I have to use an app?
- Where do I find out about things like Tax and VAT?
- Where can I go to ask questions when I’m not sure what to call things?
Slides referred to during the Q&A can be found here
As part of the initiative InventoryBase Academy have launched packages designed to be an affordable, easy to access training and starter platform, that is fully inclusive of learning, support and tools to get started.
The self employment initiative and starter bundle packages that are now available include:
- 12 months access to InventoryBase; industry leading property inspection software (solo package)
- Full CPD accredited training to teach people how to become inventory professionals to a great standard, from the very beginning – both theoretically and, more importantly, practically.
- Additional content & hands on support offering help and advice for new inventory providers around practical topics, industry legislation and more.
- Access to the InventoryBase Workstreams network – a nationwide network enabling clerks to secure inspection bookings and work across the UK.
The first of many Q&A events; sign up here for more information.