When requesting property reports via InventoryBase Workstreams as both the BUYER and SUPPLIER – this guide should be referred to in order to adhere to current Government advice around COVID-19.
This guide seeks to offer advice on how to carry out property reports and inspections whilst aiming to reduce transmission of COVID-19.
Prior to accepting the request to complete a property report; as the Supplier you should ensure that the property has been made ready for your visit so that you are able to carry out the report safely and in accordance with Government COVID Working safely.
For more information see: Government guidance on working safely during corona virus
As the Supplier; you should ensure that:
- A pre-check has been completed by asking the Buyer if anyone at the property is self-isolating, shielding or are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 as this may then lead you to delay/cancel the booking.
- The Buyer has confirmed that the property has been suitably prepared for the visit to be conducted i.e sanitising of handles/surfaces that may need to be touched during the inspection. All doors and windows opened for easy access (without compromising the security of the property) and ventilation.
- The safe collection/return of keys/access remotes has been arranged. This should include the keys being sanitised both prior to/end of the property visit and placed in an envelope to minimise contamination and transmission. Arrangements should be made to collect/return them to either a safe place or office where social distancing must be adhered to (keeping a 2-metre distance).
- As the Supplier you and or subcontractors that work on your behalf have sufficient Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This should include disposable gloves, shoe covers and a face mask to be used, changed and disposed of correctly for each and every appointment.
- Where possible; you should wash your hands regularly and for no less than 20 continuous seconds. As the Supplier you should provide your own sanitiser/towel and must remove any used items from the property at the end of the visit.
- Both before, during and after the property visit you do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth without washing/sanitising your hands to avoid possible transmission.
- Maintain a 2-metre distance to any persons and or the Buyer if they are to be present but only with your prior knowledge/agreement.
By adhering to these guidelines, any subsequent advice and as directed by the Government/NHS you are contributing to the safety of both the Buyer and wider general public.
To outsource your property reports to professional inventory providers around the UK, use InventoryBase Workstreams